Academic Programs IGNOU
Courses - Indira Gandhi National Open University
Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - Re-admission procedure
students apply and get admitted to various programs and due to various
problems could not attend classes, submit assignments and forget about the program. Some students wish to get re-admit back
to the program so that they can continue the course from where they
have left in the past. The following points tell how students can get
re-admission for various IGNOU programs.
AND GUIDELINES FOR RE-ADMISSION - FOR ALL PROGRAMMES (other than
MP and MBA(B&F))
Re-admission is permissible in the following
- Students who failed to complete the requirements in
full or in part within the maximum span period prescribed.
who failed to complete the requirement of attendance in practicals
as prescribed in Programme curriculum within the maximum span period
- Students who do not register for all years/semesters
of a Programme and fail to pay the prescribed full Programme fee
during the maximum duration of the Programme are also eligible for
Re-admission, provided they pay full fee for the missed year(s)/
semester(s) as per rate applicable for the session for which they
seek re-admission, in addition to the prorata course fee for re-admission
as per rate given in Table-A for each of the course(s) they failed
to successfully complete within the maximum period prescribed.
- Course fee paid for re-admission would be valid for a period of
two consecutive academic years or four consecutive semesters only.
- Students shall not be on rolls of the university beyond the additional
period of two years or four semesters
- The additional period of two years will commence from the date of
completion of the maximum duration of the Programme for which the
registration was done initially.
- The credit earned by the student
towards his/her courses and assignments successfully completed shall
be retained for the revalidated period.
- No study material will
be supplied on re-admission. If the earlier study material is replaced,
the student will be required to buy changed course material.
- The students will be allowed to take re-admission in the old course(s)
as long as the examination in the old course(s) is conducted by
- For the Programmes containing practical component,
the norms of fee payable will be as decided by the respective Schools.
- Students are required to pay the pro-rata Re-admission fee in lump sum for all the courses they failed to successfully
complete earlier. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Pro-rata fee for Re-admission would be changed as and when the
University revises the Programme fee for various Programmes.
- Other conditions as prescribed by the University relating to the
admission and re-admission shall remain the same.
- The Demand
Draft for Re-admission fee together with the re-registration fee
of the missed year(s)/ semester(s), if any, should be drawn in favour
of IGNOU payable at New Delhi. Please write your Enrollment Number, Name
and Programme code and also the words ĎRe-admissioní on the reverse
of the DD.
Important Note: Re-admission fee depends on the program
and the number of courses which the candidate has to appear for.