IGNOU - Bachelor
of Education (B Ed)
The Bachelor of Education (B Ed) Programme of IGNOU
aims at developing the understanding and competencies required by practising
teachers for effective teaching-learning process at the secondary stage.
The programme also provides opportunities of sharing experiences gained
by practising teachers. It enables in-service teachers to select and organise
learning experiences according to the requirement of learners. In addition,
it provides knowledge and develops in them an understanding of areas such
as educational evaluation, school management, etc.
This program is recognized
by NCVT. NCVT recognition is important for criteria for validility of the
BEd Degree being awarded by a University or an Institution. NCVT recognized
BEd degeree is necessary for admission to MEd / MA (Education) courses offered
by some Universities in the country. Further, most Government School teacher
appointments requires that the candidate has a NCVT recognized B.Ed Degree.
of IGNOU B Ed Program IGNOU Bachelor of Education (BEd) Programme
Objectives The programme aims to enable practising teachers to achieve
the following objectives:
- To systematize experiences and strengthen
the professional competencies of in-service teachers.
- To imbibe
knowledge and develop an understanding of the various methods and approaches
of organising learning experiences of secondary school students.
- To develop skills required in selecting and organising learning experiences
- To understand the nature of the learning process.
- To develop
skills involved in dealing with the academic and personal problems of
- To acquire knowledge and develop an understanding of the
various procedures and techniques of evaluation and their classroom
- To develop skills involved in selecting, developing
and using evaluation tools.
- To acquire knowledge and develop an
understanding of various aspects of school management.
- To develop
competencies for organising various instructional and student support
- To develop an appreciation of the role of the teacher
in the prevailing socio-cultural and political system in general and
the educational system in particular.
In-service teachers with
- A bachelor degree or a higher degree from
any recognised university.
- Two years' full time teaching experience
on temporary/permanent basis as Primary/Graduate/Post Graduate teacher
in a primary, secondary/higher/senior secondary school recognised by
the central or a state government or a union territory. The teacher
should be in service at the time of submitting application form as well
as at the time of producing the original documents at the Regional Centre.
- The experience certificate should be issued by the Principal or Headmaster/Headmistress.
The requisite teaching experience of two years must be completed on
or before the last date of submission of application as notified in
- The candidate those who are appearing in qualifying
(Bachelor or a Higher degree) examination can also apply. But the candidate
granted provisional admission on this basis will be required to submit
the proof of having passed the qualifying examination by 31st March,
2007 otherwise the provisional admission will stand cancelled.
- The candidate
should submit their application form at the concerned Regional Centre
under whose jurisdiction the school where he/she is working falls. If
any student changes his/her school after qualifying the entrance test
and where new school falls under the jurisdiction of another Regional
Centre, the admission to the programme will stand cancelled from both
the Regional Centres.
- Entrance Examination
- Admission will be done Regional
Centre-wise on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test
conducted by IGNOU all over India.
- The candidate will be required to
submit only the filled-in application form without enclosures.
- The enclosures (documents) mentioned in the instructions for filling-in the application
form are to be submitted later after receiving the letter of offer for
admission to B.Ed. from the university after the entrance test.
Change of programme centre outside the Region is not permissible.
- Hall Ticket will be provided to the candidates before 15 days of the entrance test.
age is No bar
- Duration - Minimum is 2 years
and Maximum is 4 years
- Admission: Mere allowing candidates to take Entrance Test would not amount to acceptance
of their eligibility for admission to B.Ed. The final admission shall
be subject to their merit in the entrance test and also production of
proof of their eligibility along with original certificates and programme
- B Ed - Scholarships and Reimbursement of Fee Reserved categories,
viz. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes and physically handicapped candidates
have to pay the fee at the time of admission to the university along
with other candidates. Physically handicapped candidates admitted to
IGNOU are eligible for Government of India scholarship. They are advised
to collect scholarship forms from the respective State Government's,
Directorate of Social Welfare or Office of the Social Welfare Officer
and submit the filled-in forms to them through the Regional Director
concerned. Similarly, candidates belonging to SC/ST have to submit their
scholarship forms to the respective State's Directorate of Social Welfare
or the Office of the Social Welfare Officer through the concerned Regional
Director of IGNOU for reimbursement of programme fee.
- B Ed - Entrance Test Details
- Section I - 10 Questions -
10 Marks General English Comprehension OR General Hindi Comprehension
- Section II - 20 Questions - 20 Marks Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Section III - 25 Questions - 25 Marks Educational & General Awareness
- Section IV - 25 Questions - 25 Marks Teaching-Learning & the School
- Section V (any one) - 20 Questions - 20 Marks on i) Science ii)
Mathematics iii) Social Studies iv) English v) Hindi
B Ed Programme Fee Rs. 17,400/- for the entire programme in one installment.
- Candidates seeking admission to the BEd programme are advised not to
pay the fee along with the filled-in application form.
- They will get
a separate communication about their admission and payment of fee.
programme fee should be paid only by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour
of IGNOU payable at the city where your Regional Centre is situated.
- Please write in capital letters your name and the programme to which
admission is sought, i.e., BEd, on the back of the Demand Draft to ensure
proper credit of your fee to the relevant account.
- IGNOU - BEd - Getting
Applications - Application form can be had from IGNOU,
New Delhi or any Regional Office or Study Center in your city. Contacting
IGNOU for information on Bachelor of Education (BEd) please email to email@example.com
To know about other distance learning Bachelor courses visit page - IGNOU Graduate Programs through Distance Learning
Visit Related B ed Information Pages -